If you have stumbled across this article, chances are that you’re looking for some ways as to which you can improve your website conversion rate. If so, you’ve come to the right place. Let’s take a look at 12 tips to increase your website conversion rate.
Track, Analyze And Optimize
If you haven’t done so already, ensure that you sign up for Google Analytics. It can give you the opportunity to figure out what you should work on, as well as the opportunity to see how changes are affecting your website conversion rate as well.
1) Test different kinds of guarantees. Even if the industry standard is 30 days, try 60 or 90 days to see how your visitors react and if it leads to higher amount of sales.
2) Establish a sales funnel. One of the things that may be killing your conversion rates is the fact that you may be asking for a sale too fast. This is because most people are in the “just-browsing” mode whenever they visit a website and are not psychologically ready to buy anything. However, by establishing a sales funnel it will give you the opportunity to establish a relationship with some of your visitors as to which you can gradually entice them to make a purchase.
3) Ensure that you experiment and test different factors of your website such as: the placement of ads, items, product size and different colors. For example, colors like red, orange and navy blue attract impulsive buyers. While pink, light blue and teal attract smart budget shoppers.
4) Split test your Call to Action text. If you utilize “Buy Now” as your call to action, split test it with a variety of different phrases such as “Order Now” or “Checkout.”
5) Don’t require that your shoppers register an account in order for them to check out. Instead, make it optional as opposed to forcing them to create an account which will be another stumbling block to make a sale.
6) Implement a sense of urgency. Customers have a tendency to “window shop” before they decide to buy a product. In some instances they may leave a website with every intention of returning so that they can buy a product, but eventually forget about it. Therefore, you should capitalize on your audience’s attention the very first time they visit your site by implementing a sense of urgency into all your products. Prime examples on how you can do this include the utilization of a countdown timer and limited time only discounts.
7) People tend to read the top and bottom portions of a web page and skim through the middle. Therefore, put the most important information that you want your visitors to consume at the bottom and top portions of the page.
8) Ensure that you break up long paragraphs into smaller, easily readable chunks. This makes the whole concept of reading on screen easier, especially if you’re on a mobile device.
9) Offer different payment options. Just because people typically utilize a debit/credit card and PayPal to purchase online, it doesn’t mean that every single person on the internet utilizes one or the other. Many people utilize payment methods such as Payza, Payoneer and even Bitcoins instead. Therefore, ensure that you offer your visitors a reasonable amount of payment options.
10) Ensure that your website is mobile optimized. Due to the fact that mobile users are expected to overtake PC users as far as online shopping goes, it’s highly recommended that you ensure that your website is optimized to be easily navigated from a mobile device. Statistics demonstrate that people who visit a website that isn’t optimized to be easy navigable, tend to leave the website immediately.
11) People are a lot more likely to perform an action from someone that they trust. Even if they know the product is good or if it ‘s a good deal, if the site looks scammy the website, they won’t buy the product. So how do you make people trust your website? Some of the things you can do include:
- Integrate a SSL certificate.
- Make your contact information readily available.
- Highlight your organization’s expertise or experience.
- If your website is an eCommerce site, avoid having an abundance of popups and blinking banners. If your promoting affiliate programs, use some restrain in promotional materials.
12) Do A/B Testing. A/B testing is a technique that can be utilized to increase your website’s conversion rate. Essentially, if you had two different headlines you would like to test, but can’t decide which one to utilize, you could conduct an A/B split test by creating two alternative versions of your page such as Page A and Page B, each with its own separate headline, but with the same identical content nonetheless.
The most important thing that you should remember when it comes to increasing your website conversion rate is that you need to test, test, test and then test some more. Because, the key to acquiring an ideal conversion rate is to split test multiple aspect of your website to continuously increase your conversion rates.